Friday, January 16, 2015

Superhero theme

Superhero Week!

This week, we talked about superheros and the different powers that they have. We have been focusing on handwriting, so the students came up with a list of superheros and wrote their names with their best handwriting. I modeled each letter on the board as the students helped me sound out the words and spell. 

On Thursdays, we do themed stations where the students are in groups and rotate around. In one of the stations this week, the students had to identify which superhero was different and put several pictures in size order. (Found from www.123homeschool4me.com)
Everyday during literacy, I read books based on the theme of the week. This week, it has all been about Superheros! I always give the students an opportunity to choose the book we read. Giving choices are always good for students with special needs.

~Guard


 

No comments:

Post a Comment